create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

The arch nemesis has arrived.. yes, it's time for war.

Well there I was, frolicking through the fields of life's happy bliss, minding my own business. Everything was great. School was going well. I was somewhat organized in my day-to-day duties and activities. What can I say, life was a peach. But then out of nowhere...dun dun dun...my enemy showed its all too familiar and ever-increasingly hideous face. Some people refer to it as..shutter.. February. I think a more appropriate title would be "Stupidestmonthary". But hey, that's just me. Now let me clarify, it's not so much that I hate February, rather it's that I hate February in Utah. In fact I despise it. Loathe it even.

And upon its arrival, I was greeted with the ugliest and most miserable cold front of my life. Thanks a lot February, that was such a great way to reunite. not. For those of you who don't know, I do NOT do cold, and I become the biggest wimp when temperatures drop. Seriously, I thought I was going to just lay down and die on a lonely campus sidewalk. I'm tellin' ya, walking outside between classes was killer. The wind was blowing unforgiving gusts that would leave you gasping for air in desperate search of breathable oxygen. A few times I started hyperventilating with sheer panic. It's actually kind of amusing to think back on it now. But I would not wish that kind of weather on ANYONE. Well, maybe Al Gore.  

But, I will NOT let this nasty month get me down. I like to think of it as the last stretch before the finish line (which in this case is spring). It's painful, you're tired, and you want to give up because the finish line is oh so far and you feel like you're running through a path of tar and mud. All the other kids are running faster than you. Even the obese kid who rarely leaves the couch. Yep. It's rough. But I'm telling ya, February ain't gonna win this time cuz I ain't givin' up. I'm gonna OWN that final stretch of the race track! haha. so hooray. :)


To play a little catch up, I'll just note a few highlights of the past couple months:

-Family trip to Cancun. Freakin' amazing. Yes mom, I used the word "freakin" and I apologize. I know you don't like that word but it just felt so right. If you have a good replacement word, fill me in.
-Having a sinus infection during all of Christmas Break...good times. I think I went through 3 kleenex tissue boxes and a roll of toilet paper on the side in one week.
-I went and stayed up at Jess and Andrew's for two weekends which was soooo much fun! I pretty much just played with Little C and ate their food. It's what I do best. haha.
-I gave an RS lesson for the first time in my life and I didn't die! haha.
-I went tubing up at Soldier's Hollow. So much fun!
-Went snowshoeing up to Donut Falls which was beyond cool. I'm so gonna have to take that up as a hobby.
-Had the COOLEST b-day party thanks to the COOLEST family.
-Went to Rodizio's for a b-day lunch with friends
-Got a steal of a deal on two really cute dresses...happy birthday to me!
-Found the jacket I've been searching for all of my life...happy birthday to me again!
-Got some really cute sunday shoes for ten bucks...yep, you guessed it, happy birthday to me!
-Aced my first CHEM exam. The average was a 79 and I got a 92. :) That's totally unheard of for me
-Went to Park City and saw the aerial skiing world championship. sooo cool. Course I think the coolest part is it was for free.

And yeah, that's pretty much my life so far. But I will say, funner things are ahead so stay tuned!

1 comment:

The Robison Fam said...

You will win the race :) No I don't like freakin'. Fantastico, Fabulouso, anything but that ugly word... Use your imagination girl... you're much to witty to fall back on slang stuff! Still love you and your blog. You make me smile:)