
Okay so school is startin to get a little overwhelming. I'm catching up in a few classes but strange as it may seem, that means I'm falling further behind in others. But it's all good. I think we're making a little progress here and there. I really do enjoy most of my classes and I'm learning some really cool stuff. Although, there is this one class that is becoming more and more irritating all the time. It's called Study Resources and is required for the Anthropology major. Basically it's just a stupid little one credit class nightmare that I consider a waste of my time, money, and energy. Let me make this clear...I HAAATE this class!!!
But don't get me wrong. It could be very useful for some....like scared and stupid little freshman. But you know, for us more 'advanced' and 'mature' students it's more of a burden then a benefit. Seriously, it's bad. Luckily it comes around only once a week. Sad to say one of those horrific occurances was today.
The class is sort of taught by the Anthropology head of faculty and I tell ya what, she is a piece of work. I don't mean to be rude, but she looks a lot like a cross between Ezma from the fabulous flick The Emperor's New Groove (omitting the purple hue) and one of the skeletal structures from the forensics classroom. She always complains about how the Anthropology Department never gets any funding from the U and I pretty much believe it because it looks like the woman hasn't been able to afford groceries for the past year and a half. I guess all she can get by with is her hippie sandles, nasty sleeveless tops, and a Clif bar every now and then. And I'm sorry but she just wasn't meant to teach a class of college students. She is rather disorganized and has handwriting no better than a ten year old boy.
What I'm really getting at is class was pretty rough today. She spent 45 horrendous minutes talking about study habits. Sure this kind of stuff would be useful but the criteria was so elementary it almost brought me to tears. I wouldn't have been surprised if she pulled out the alphabet and had us recite it all together. The class was drier than Flowell dirt after a windstorm. And I had just gotten out of my Biology class before so while she's blabbing on and on I'm thinking to myself..."I bet a deer could die, decompose, develop back into basic nutrients, grow into bacteria, photosynthesize and become a flower at a faster rate then this class is going..." The whole process of Life could probably come and go before she'd even got her first point across.
I think you get my drift. This class is kind of lame. I'm sure I'll find a way to survive though. :)

1 comment:
Oh my gosh. I seriously burst out laughing. She sounds like a piece of work. Is Kronk in your class too? Good luck surviving! When are you coming up to visit us?!
Post a Comment