create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Success tastes pretty good


Easter is seriously my most favorite holiday. It beats Christmas by a long shot. Reasons? spring weather, new plant life, better candy, funner activities...c'mon! you get to color eggs! haha. On a more serious level. What greater event is there to reflect upon than the Resurrection of our Savior? He overcame death and lived again so that we too may follow His footsteps and return to live with our Father in Heaven. I'm so grateful for that and I'm even more grateful that I have been blessed with such wonderful knowledge.

Well, the weekend was fabulous. I love being home with the folks. They always just make my day. I convinced my mom that we had to put out some Easter decorations. The weekend just wouldn't be the same without a few delightful pastels. So we pulled the boxes out and had some fun with the stuff we found. I was over all the grass. I may have gotten a little crazy with it but hey, I had a ball. Oh and my mom totally made the bunny baskets. Yeah, she's pretty cool, I know. She made them for each of us kids when we were born...well except me. Mine came quite a bit later...like two years ago. Before that, I was always the loner with a store-bought basket. haha. Apparently the mother didn't have time to sew and be all crafty with four little bratty kids bouncing around. Now I can be more understanding. But when I was younger, I'd always be super jealous of my siblings. Except one year when my basket was absolutely ginormous. A whole lot more candy could fit in that, compared to those stupid little bunnies. hehehe. Not gonna lie, I still kinda wanted one though. So two years ago, I finally got my wish. Easter morning came and to my surprise, four candy-packed bunnies were waiting in the living room. My mom didn't remember how to make them so she had a lady in our ward try and replicate the others. The green and yellow one on the right is mine and I love it! So glad I can now be recognized as part of the family. :)

It's such a cute idea though. My mom and I are going to have the lady in our ward teach us how to make them during the summer. We want to make little mini's for all the grandkids. How cute would that be!?


More of our fun decorations.




Well as part of my new aspiration of being awesome, I have decided to master the kitchen. Yeah, it's probably going to take me a while, I can assure you of that. I mean, I just got done eating a bowl of canned soup for lunch. Not to mention the fact that I microwaved it. Heaven forbid having to pour it in a pot and wait eons for the element to heat up. Seriously if microwaves didn't exist, I'd probably wither away and die. haha.

But anyways...My plan is to start off with simple recipes and work my way up to cooler and more extravagant food (like really pretty cakes and stuff). So when I was home for Easter weekend, I decided it was an excellent time to give the oven a try. I found a recipe online for these "tropical snowballs". I picked them mostly cuz I liked the name. lol. They're basically shortbread cookies rolled in a bunch of powdered sugar with a hint of lemon. I have to say, for the work of a beginner, they were pretty darn good. I'm actually quite proud of myself. haha

Overall, I loved the holiday and spending time with the other kids. Though, it was not near as fun without Jess, Andrew, and little C there! :( just a few more months and they'll be here! :)
General Conference was incredible. It always is and always will be. The church is true! It too, Always is and always will be. :)

2 comments:

The Robison Fam said...

Total sweetness :) Just polished off the last "tropical snowball" yesterday. Mmmm good! You can practice your cooking skills in the kitchen any time. In my own defense, I made the 3 bunnies in 1984 before Jacob was even born. Although I was expecting a baby in May, we didn't have all the cool technology of today, so hence, the yellow bunny. (Boy or Girl)??? Hope the scars heal soon... Love you Forever Ash

Jess Allen said...

Holy cow. First of all, the decorations look awesome! Seriously. I love that you put them all up. Secondly, mine is the pink one! I love it! And finally, I cannot wait to eat some of those yummy-looking cookies when we move back to Utah! Keep it up!