
Wow, I can't even begin to say how blessed I am. I'm a completely different person than I was a year ago. For as long as I can remember I feel like I've been spinning my tires not knowing what to do or which direction to go. I've been so lost and the anxiety of it all has worn me to a frazzle. A little over a year ago I inevitably hit rock bottom and had no hope for anything. Life was a chore and I couldn't find any enjoyment. I lost light and joy which left me cold, helpless, and alone. I never thought I'd get out of the rut and I really questioned life in general. Yeah, it was a pretty dark and scary time. But no need to worry because something changed! I found that light again. I realized that I needed to take my foot off the gas pedal and step back for a second to observe the situation and determine the problem. There was nothing wrong with the truck; the engine ran well and it was a perfectly fine automobile. The problem was the gears had somehow slipped into neutral so I was burnin fuel but not progressing at all. So what did I do? Popped her into first gear of course. I may have not been going as fast as others, but at least I was moving forward, right? Well I've taken things slowly and I feel like I've finally worked up through all the gears and built enough momentum to put it all on cruise control. And wow does it feel good. I can take my foot off the pedal, sit back, and just enjoy the ride.
Haha. Wow that probably didn't make a lick of sense. I have no idea where the truck analogy came from. Quite the tangent I went off on. I'm going on little sleep right now so I'm saying a lot of stuff that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But anyways, long story short: I'm happy. I had a problem, recognized it, got help, found the strength to overcome it, and have never felt better. The End. :)
Oh and I took that picture out on the tractor last week. I wish I would've had my good camera with me. It looked sooo cool. The camera phone doesn't even do it justice.

2 comments:
You're amazing Ash! It's so good to see you so happy! And, we can't wait to hang out with you in a month or so... Awesome picture, by the way. Wow. Beautiful!
It all makes perfect sense and we are pleased with your progress! Love the photo:) And, we love you!!!
Post a Comment