okay, yeah it's been a while. I know. But gosh you wouldn't think it, but these old folks are hard to keep up with! I'm startin to wonder if they have a secret stash of kryptonite or something cuz they just keep goin' and I'm being worn to a frazzle. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being home and spending time with them. So far this has been my best summer yet.
A few things to mention that have happened during this glorious season: I have a nephew! thanks to Jed and Shan :) and I don't think they come much cuter than him. Jess, Andrew, and Little C moved to Utah! It's clear the heck up in Kaysville, but hey at least they're a little bit closer. And Caroline gets cuter every single day. I absolutely love that girl. When they were down here for a visit, I introduced her to otter pops (you gotta raise 'em right!) and I think she thoroughly enjoyed it. Nothing like straight sugar that's colored and frozen.
Melissa ran in a really really big relay race. I don't remember what it was called but it sounded pretty intense. She's so cool! One of these days I hope to be as awesome and ambitious as she is...but until then, I'll just sit on the couch and eat otter pops with Caroline. Which leads me to my next point;
I've discovered that it's somewhat difficult to sit on a couch and be lazy when...well when there's no couches to sit on. Thanks to this fabulous house remodeling we got goin on right now. We're almost there though! Just paint and floors and then it's cake from there. And this house is gonna be sooo cool! You all seriously have no idea.
Oh and I finally saw the Manti Pageant. Yes, I went last year but I don't count it cuz i spent most of the time under a wet blanket in an attempt to stay out the rain that lasted for pretty much the whole show. So all I saw was Angel Moroni on top of the temple. This year's experience was MUCH better. Perfect weather, perfect night, and perfect friends to be with.
Well first crop is in the bale and out of the fields. I got to be the hay hauler this week so I loaded trucks and brought the rest into the stack yard. I can't lie, I felt kinda cool doing it. :)
Well that's a very VERY brief summary of the last few months. They've sure been fun and I think it's just gonna get funner. (funner? more fun? ah, who cares. you get my drift.) We're having a big get together on Tuesday. A bunch of my old high school girly friends are gonna go to seven peaks and then maybe we'll catch dinner and a movie afterward. It's gonna be soo much fun!!! :)

2 comments:
I love the update. Caroline is missing the otter pops already. She became an instant fan while we were at home. You are amazing Ash. Really! You are basically running that farm this summer. How cool is that?! I'm glad that you're doing some fun things with your friends. Have fun at 7 peaks. Come visit us sometime.
You rock our world sunshine :) And you are saving our sanity... most of the time. We love having you home!
Post a Comment